[Stoves] Snap, Crackle & Pop

Jonathan P Gill jg45 at me.com
Sat Jun 8 20:18:15 CDT 2013

Friends:  Has anyone else experienced the wonderful sound created when water is gently and slowly added to stone cold, bone dry wood pellet biochar?   I expect it is the sound of the charcoal taking in the water.  What ever it is, it is delightful.

For the record, when I show folks the charcoal that comes out of my iCan TLUDs, I now tell them it is carbon that used to be in the atmosphere.  This has a remarkable ability to get their attention.  You might consider trying it.  I only introduce the word "biochar" latter in the narrative.  Pyrolytic charcoal by any other name is just as sweet.

Regards,

Jock

Jonathan P Gill
Peacham, VT.