[Stoves] Fwd: from K Smith [stove] Smoked out: Coal and health

Jock Gill jg45 at icloud.com
Sun Jun 9 20:27:40 CDT 2013

David,

I would like to agree with Paul and disagree, some what, with you.  Firstly, if there is too much CO2 in the atmosphere, adding more is intellectually dishonest.  Secondly, I agree with you if we do not also address the demand side for energy.  Too often we simply ignore the demand side. Why is this?

We also need new economics, politics, and social structures that accurately address the fact that we live on a finite planet with no external supplies other than solar energy.  Our current systems do not accurately reflect this simple, but inconvenient, fact.

Lastly, I suggest that you would gain if you compared and contrasted combustion vs pyrolysis. The term "burning" is too vague and fraught with opportunities for misinterpretation.

Regards,

Jock

Jock Gill
P.O. Box 3