[Stoves] Burning wet wood

rongretlarson at comcast.net rongretlarson at comcast.net
Wed Jun 12 14:22:04 CDT 2013

Crispin, list etal

This below may be true for "burning", but it has not been my experience for pyrolysis. Colorado is pretty dry and I never experienced a smoke problem due to dryness. I hope someone with a TLUD will "bake" some wood or pellets for awhile and report their results. If a fuel dryness problem exists for TLUDs, it is not clear why that should be so. During pyrolysis a lot of water is created through numerous chemical reactions .

Yes problems for wet wood with TLUDs. Explicit detail is somewhere in this list's archives. Andrew H is expert on fuel wetness.

Ron