[Stoves] rice husk pellets

Paul Olivier paul.olivier at esrla.com
Thu Jun 13 20:57:18 CDT 2013

Richard,

I assume that we are still taking about rice hulls. I supposed that this
pile of rice hulls is being decomposed anaerobically. If this is the case,
do you know how much methane is being released? You talk about a high
silica content ending up in the ash. Have you checked the composition of
this ash?

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 8:47 AM, Legacy Mail <rstanley at legacyfound.org>wrote:

> hi Trevor &Frank,
> am no expert on the stuff as it seems to vary considerably from what
> webaveseen in practice.   Where it is left to  decompose in huge multi acre
> 50 ft tall mounds, (eg Mbale Uganda), you observe  a glutenous mass which
> can work very well even with other granular solids (sawdust, charcoal
> fines) right off the mound.  Take it off the fields dry (in such as Bamaco
> Mali ) and it has to indeed be blended with softened fibrous material. In
> either condition (whether gluten or fiber bound) the high silica generates
> lots of ash.
> Richard
>

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Jun 12, 2013, at 22:11, mtrevor at ntamar.net wrote:
>
> I suspect the high silicacontnt and loose nature will not compact well.
> However if macerated and retted, then mixed with other stuff--- then maybe.
> I suspect Richard Stanley could provide more info
>
> Michael N Trevor
>
> Marshall Islands
>
>   ****

Paul A. Olivier PhD