[Stoves] Chimneys, rice husks

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 17:41:40 CDT 2013

Dear Lanny

Correct. We are using a flap-type which is installed in the side of the chimney by putting a Tee between the first and second pipes (they are clay pipe chimneys).

At the moment we have no idea what the ideal draft is for the stoves – 2 and 3-pot Jolentho Stoves. We will make measurements and test the performance at different sustained draft levels. There is a significant difference in the field when a 3 or 5 meter chimney is added to the same stove. Mostly there seems to be too much air drawn into the ones with tall chimneys.

++++

Like a barometric damper?