[Stoves] Systematic cheating in car emissions and fuel efficiency tests

Josh Kearns yeah.yeah.right.on at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 10:57:02 CDT 2013

"In reality, some models emit 50% more CO2 than the official figures claim,
while others emit some 15% more than claimed." ....

Fascinating.

An article linked in that piece also specified that several efficiency
models, according to the manufacturers, "deliver between 70mpg and 75mpg,
while the [independent] test figures ranged from 46mpg to 53mpg."

Do you think there is enough "real world" data on mileage and emissions to
calculate a "correction factor" that could be applied to manufacturers'
published claims?

--
Josh Kearns
PhD Candidate, Environmental Engineering

Director of Science
Aqueous Solutions
www.aqsolutions.org

Mobile: 720 989 3959