[Stoves] Stove info: Useful GIZ-HERA document

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Mon Mar 25 20:32:44 CDT 2013

Stovers,

At the GACC Forum we found out about MANY things that somehow do not
come to our attention on the Stoves Listserv .  But it has been
announced (26 Jan 2012   yes, 2012) on the Stoves website, but I and
perhaps others have missed it.

There is a MAJOR item about stoves written and available from GIZ HERA at:

https://energypedia.info/wiki/GIZ_HERA_Cooking_Energy_Compendium

And while you are at it, just look at the root URL where there is even
more links:
                     https://energypedia.info/

I have not sorted through all of the information, and my quick look has
not found any reference to TLUD or Top-Lit UpDraft or
Micro-gasification.     But it is a    wiki    and we all can make
contributions (but we have time constraints, and there are so many
places that would also take in the wiki content.   I am working full
time on TLUD stoves and I cannot keep up even with placing items to my
own website at    www.drtlud.com   )

It is interesting to me that such resources (these and others) can often be:
unknown,
under-utilized
repetitious
soooooooooooooo useful!!
overwhelming
etc.

How can such resources be put to better use?

GIZ HERA has a part of the gigantic      GIZ.de   website.   The GIZ
HERA site is:

http://www.giz.de/Themen/en/12941.htm

And there I did not find a quick way to the     energypedia cited above,
nor a quick link to a digital copy of the very nice tri-fold brochure
that was available at the GACC Forum.   That brochure gives a great
summary of the    energypedia     efforts. Maybe GIZ HERA can place a
digital copy of the _brochure_ to the Stoves Website to again call this
fine resource to the attention of all Stovers.

I hope that you find this message to be useful.   And think of all the
Stovers who are not subscribed to the Stoves Listserv.

Paul S. Anderson, PhD  aka "Dr TLUD"
Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu   Skype: paultlud  Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com