[Stoves] Boiled 520 grams of 14C water in 3:20 minutes

Jonathan P Gill jg45 at icloud.com
Sun May 5 11:26:46 CDT 2013

Steve,

Good question.  Will try to find an answer for you.

FYI: I found an expensive digital cooking thermometer my wife uses and measured the water that had been sitting out over night.  It was actually 12.8 degrees C, not 14.  Our well water is currently running at about 12 degrees C!

Note: The Rim Fire iCan pyrolyzer unit is a 3 lbs Costco coffee can.  Pretty good steel.  Much better than that in a paint can. Better if it were made of stainless.  But this is the only part that needs high temperature stainless.

Dimensions:

H:				19 CM
Max. Diameter:	 ~ 15.5 CM
Exit aperture:		13 CM

Burner plate diameter:	11.5 CM.  I want to try one about 12 CM. It  has to be fairly easy to place into the can and also to remove at the end of the run.

The steel burner plate is set about 4 mm below the lip of the can's exit aperture.  Ie, 4 mm below the point at which the secondary air enters the system.

A "full" fuel load, one that leaves a bit of distance from the top of the fuel to the bottom of the burner plate, is 1,500 grams of wood pellets.

More as it is - after I make a pyrolyzer with even smaller primary air holes, 5/64s of an inch rather than the current 3/32s.

These dimensions are simply starting points.  Nothing is written in granite by lightening.

Jock