[Stoves] Conceptioal Errors and possible pitfals.

Erin Rasmussen erin at trmiles.com
Mon May 6 18:41:05 CDT 2013

Hi all, I'm distracted by one point out of Crispin's last email, and I renamed the subject because I'm hoping you'll help me explore it a little.

I think the point of confusing heat transfer efficiency with fuel efficiency is a good conceptual error to point out because it can, and often does, confuse people who are new to thinking about these things.  And I think it would be a good idea to pull together maybe a  'top 10' of cognitive errors that are out there along with a reasonable explanation.

What are some common cognitive errors that are waiting, like traps, for the unwary stove builder? Do they have relatively simple explanations that we could post on the web site and then use in our own presentations etc.  or direct new people to?

Thanks,

Erin Rasmussen

Cooking Stove Website Admin and List Admin

erin at trmiles.com