[Stoves] Boiled 520 grams of 14C water in 3:20 minutes

Ron rongretlarson at comcast.net
Mon May 6 19:23:11 CDT 2013

Christa and list

1.  Thanks.  I should have remembered that you saw it in Phnom Penh as well as Paul and I.   I also apologize to others who were there to see the demos.

2.   Good web site.  They say there that users of this stove are now collecting wood weekly rather than daily.  Wow.  Would be every 3 or so days, if they want to drive the daily fuel cost negative through sale of char and need more income.

3.  I talked (email) years ago with the stove developer (van der Sluice), who then was cooking with it daily, I recall.  I believe usually turning off the fan and collecting char.  If anyone can get a message to him, he should be greatly congratulated for his perseverance and accomplishment.

4.  At the GACC Forum, there was a nice motivational plenary talk by a Philips VP.  She and they also should be thanked for persevering and now being a partner in this new small Lesotho start-up firm.  She emphasized the corporate philosophy for this sort of project.  I don't think she mentioned any of Philips' involvement in this stove.   This is a good reason to invest in Philips!

Ron