[Stoves] Making Attractive Stoves

Choppalli Venkata Krishna krishnacreat1 at rediffmail.com
Mon May 6 23:54:15 CDT 2013

Excellent one.

Thanks

-KrishnaFrom: "Erin Rasmussen" <erin at trmiles.com>Sent: Tue, 07 May 2013 02:58:22 To: "'Discussion of biomass cooking stoves'" <stoves at lists.bioenergylists.org>Subject: [Stoves] Making Attractive Stoves

I'm sure you'll love Jed's stoves, the photos were too large to email to the list, so I posted them here:

http://www.stoves.bioenergylists.org/Holey-Roket-2013

his contact info: Joshua Guinto [mailto:jed.building.bridges at gmail.com]

from his email:

HI Erin

Excuse me for joining the subject. How about these stoves?

The first two stoves in the attached i already am making since the past years. And recently, i have been teaching women and soon their husbands to also make their rocket stoves here in the province of Bulacan under a disaster preparedness program by the Save the Children International. They also make their own designs of flowers, castle towers, chess characters, and faces into their stoves.

the drawing  in the third attachment is a prototype in process. It is a Holey Rocket Stove with a char pocket on the side and a box as a platform. I hope to finish it in the coming weeks.

Jed

2013/5/3 Erin Rasmussen <erin at trmiles.com>

Hi Christa,

We were talking at ETHOS about characteristics that make an improved stove, a sexy, aspirational stove, a stove that women actually want, and use and cherish, and beg to spend scarce resources to pay for.  And I remember promising to ask you for a list of things that we should be thinking about when we make good stoves.   So now it's several months later and I'm finally getting around to asking your for that list.  :-) Is it in your presentation?  I'd love to figure out some way to sort those qualities into my newer more improved way of presenting stoves.

And question your colleague did that excellent graph of clean fuels with renewable energies (including wood) listed as superior to natural gas.  Is that in the Energypedia?  I have looked for it, but I have not found it.

Many thanks,

Erin R.

erin at trmiles.com

_______________________________________________Stoves mailing listto Send a Message to the list, use the email addressstoves at lists.bioenergylists.orgto UNSUBSCRIBE or Change your List Settings use the web pagehttp://lists.bioenergylists.org/mailman/listinfo/stoves_lists.bioenergylists.orgfor more Biomass Cooking Stoves,  News and Information see our web site:http://stoves.bioenergylists.org/