[Stoves] TLUD and biochar production

Frank Shields frank at compostlab.com
Tue May 7 12:47:51 CDT 2013

Dear Ray, Ron, Josh  and all,

During composting the process happens so fast by the time the carbon has stabilized there are still pockets of toxins (un-ionized ammonia, anaerobic and organic acids) left in the compost. Therefore the compost is sent to curing where ammonia converts to nitrates and aerobic pockets undergo aerobic conditions. I think this Curing step would work well for newly processed biochar.  Mixing with compost is an excellent way to do this. Or, like with un-cured compost, add to the soil and wait before planting.

I am sorry I brought up the subject at this time as there is so much going on. Perhaps we can come back to this later?

Thanks

Frank

Thanks

Frank Shields