[Stoves] In praise of kerosene

Jonathan P Gill jg45 at icloud.com
Sat May 11 14:07:08 CDT 2013

All,

If you look at the work of Hansen, he has specifically looked at the "mother nature" issue and finds that, while it does exist, it is not strong enough to begin to explain the results that are starting to emerge and that are expected sooner or latter.

Kevin's mother nature argument is soundly discredited and should be understood as such.

As for where this conversation belongs, it has a place here.  What are we cooperating on?  Stoves that remove CO2 from the atmosphere?  Stoves that add CO2 to the atmosphere, or stoves that only accelerate the natural carbon cycle?  We should be clear as what we are cooperating on and understand why.

I choose to work on stove projects that can be used to remove CO2.  If there is too much, then the only "honest" answer is removal.  Or am I missing something?  I certainly do not want the perfect to be the enemy of the good:  stoves that improve health and reduce black carbon pollution are a real step forward.

In the end, I expect we will have to agree to disagree.  These conversations are unlikely to change minds already made up.   If I am wrong, I will be called silly, but little or no harm will have been done.  I am fine with that.  If the deniers are wrong, they will have a lot to atone for.

Jock