[Stoves] condensing...

Kevin kchisholm at ca.inter.net
Wed May 15 15:37:05 CDT 2013

Dear Rolf
----- Original Message -----
From: "Energies Naturals C.B." <energiesnaturals at gmx.de>
To: "Discussion of biomass cooking stoves" <stoves at lists.bioenergylists.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 4:06 PM
Subject: [Stoves] condensing...

> yes, right, the % you gain from condensing dwindles with inlet pressure,
> which in "simple" systems tends to be low, though.
>
> But there is the very apreciated side effect of condensing to obtain
> clean, demineralized feeding water.
> In many areas, water is limy (carbonates) or contains malot of  iron or
> other minerals.
> That's why condensing the exhaust makes sense beyond energy gaines.

# That would be a bad way to go. Feeding highly mineralized water to the
boiler and evaporating off the steam would result in the minerals being
deposited inside the boiler. That can lead to boiler damage and/or
explosions.. In such an area where water is heavily mineralized, a "Boiler
feedwater Treatment Plant" would be required.

Best wishes,

Kevin