[Stoves] Advancement of "better" stoves

David G. LeVine dlevine at speakeasy.net
Wed May 29 17:07:59 CDT 2013

On 05/29/2013 07:39 AM, Jonathan P Gill wrote:
> Holding back carbon from combustion will increase the feedstock demand.

I believe this misses the caveat, "All other things being equal."

If we compare a three stone fire to a good Rocket stove, more feedstock
will be needed to generate a similar heat output, regardless of the char
usage.  If char (i.e. carbon) is not burned, the amount of feedstock
will necessarily be increased, but that may not be an important
consideration.

Dave  8{)

advice."

Bill Cosby