[Stoves] stoves by the millions

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Thu May 30 02:33:18 CDT 2013

Dear Michael

Do you remember the conversation a few years ago about clay and the difficulty you had sourcing any?  Without raw material it is difficult to make a fired part.

How about using DC power and a wire mesh to grow parts in the ocean? They do that in Dominica in the Caribbean. There are reefs made that way and one could grow a complex stove body using only solar panels and sea water.

There are some very dense materials that can be made this way if it is done slowly. I have a couple of samples from the early 90's.

It would burn and be affected by the fire after a while but it can be locally made without having to carve or shape it. Just use wire mesh and make whatever shape you want and connect it to the DC power. Calcium deposits on it. In theory you could make complex parts with air holes and pot rests.

It is the ultimate lazy man's to build thing like furniture and fences.

Regards
Crispin in Beijing's 31 deg. What a change from the snow.