[Stoves] A simple method to measure soot in huts (nari phaltan)

neiltm at uwclub.net neiltm at uwclub.net
Sat Nov 2 14:34:25 CDT 2013

On 1 Nov 2013 at 12:00, stoves-request at lists.bioenergylists.org wrote:

> Hello Stovers,
>
> We have refined our method and the details are given here;
> www.nariphaltan.org/sootpaper.pdf
>
> Will appreciate your feedback and suggestions.
>
> Cheers.
>
> Anil K Rajvanshi

As a professional photographer I would tend to prefer Crispin's sheet of
white paper, say standard photocopy paper, as it will reflect more
diffusely than metal plates, which to the extent that the reflection is
more directional (back towards the light source) might introduce more
errors of alignment for eg. and also subsequent abrasive cleaning of a
galvanised plate for eg. might progressively render its reflectance more
diffuse, thereby introducing an unwanted unknown variable.

I hope I have understood the project well enough for these observations
to be useful.

Best wishes,   Neil Taylor