[Stoves] Survey on ranking of cookstove performance indicators

Ronal W. Larson rongretlarson at comcast.net
Mon Nov 18 11:16:49 CST 2013

Pooja;   cc List, Otto, etal:

  1.  Not sure if there is a longer questionnaire.  Glad to look at it, if there is one.

  2.  I think the existing tests by Jetter and others won’t answer you question on relative importance.  In my mind two of the most important are annual costs and time spent in cooking.  Jim has indicated he might add something on time spent in cooking - but it is not there now.  Of course there is nothing on annual costs - but a few extra look-up tables might be able to add something on that parameter - if you can determine stove lifetime, the cost of different fuels, the possibility of selling char,  etc.  You will still be missing the issues of the stove looking good and being able to do multiple taks .

  3.  Some of the best survey work along these lines has been done by Dr.  Priya Karve of Pune.  I add her twice, but believe there is a better third address.

Ron