[Stoves] Beer can alcohol camping stove

Ronal W. Larson rongretlarson at comcast.net
Mon Nov 18 11:39:43 CST 2013

Jock and Nari:

 Thanks.   I have seen other similar versions, but this is the easiest, fastest to make, lightest weight, and best performing I have seen.  The best height of the flame before reaching the pot would be interesting to know - as it would be easy to make exact.

  Most vodka in the world doesn’t light - but I think most of us could find a cheaper source than a brand with high proof.

   I was told by a sales person at a mountaineering store that the preferred liquid fuel is gasoline - because of low cost and worldwide easy availability  (even though the smell is not the best).  If anyone on the list makes one of these,  I hope they can report results with gasoline.  Please be very careful and start with a tiny amount of fuel.

  I have told CoolPlanet that biochar could fit in to something like this.  As they make (at very low cost) gasoline and char, they could trade input wood or ag residues for gasoline (or maybe there is a better fuel) and char - with the char going into the ground, and the gasoline used for cooking.  They haven’t responded.

Ron