[Stoves] Cajun Rocket Pot Tested

Ronal W. Larson rongretlarson at comcast.net
Mon Nov 18 23:33:37 CST 2013

Dale and Crispin:

   This is to try to close the gap a bit.  Dale reports for his home gas range testing two differences in efficiency:  8.8 and 13.5  (the “knobby aluminum” over the steel).  Crispin says the efficiency should be strongly modified by the materials and weight differences - which I can see makes sense.

   My problem is that playing around with Dale’s stated power levels ("The power input to the regular pot was 1128 Watts, while that of the finned pot 1227 Watts, or 1.088 times as much."),  I can’t see from the given data, how Dale got those power numbers.  I think there should have been some water evaporated, but none is stated.  Did the 700 watt number come in some way?

   So,  Dale, can you show the computations you used to get 1128 and 1227.? Adding in the specific heat of the pots (if you didn’t - and you might have) should help with better understanding both this geometry and the importance of including what Crispin wants to include.

Ron