[Stoves] Topics at ETHOS 2014

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Wed Nov 27 12:22:47 CST 2013

Dear Stovers,

The ETHOS 2014 meeting will cover the topics that we want, and Mark has
asked for additional suggestions.

The original 5 topics that are proposed are:
> - Update on the Global Alliance and their activities
> - Standardizing Reporting on IWA Indicators
> - Stove Performance Inventory, Sharing Public Data, and Establishing
> Common Data Formats
> - Update on ISO Process
> - Updates on Protocol Developments

In my opinion, the 5 proposed discussion topics are fine, but are too
restricted to the agenda of the GACC.

Please add ones on:
     Stove technology and design (NEW, not a rehash of what exists)
*_Proven_* dissemination and acceptance of stoves: results from the
field   (This is NOT "The story of my NGO or project.")

     And some panels and maybe some "short reports sessions" (4 minutes
maximum per speaker) that have a common theme and then PLUS open
discussion/debate that gets to the real issues.

For SOME attendees, the topic of "Charcoal producing stoves and related
biochar issues"  is of major interest and will draw in some additional
participants.   But this is NOT a biochar conference with reports on
impact on soils and plants.

Recommendation:   Attend if you can!!!!!!    I have attended every ETHOS
since 2004, and the content and importance is getting stronger and
stronger.   48 intensive hours.   And opportunities for side meetings
with like-minded people from around the world are extremely
beneficial.   Registration info and link is below in Mark's message.

And there could be some possibilities for some PRE conference and/or
POST conference meetings and workshops, but none are announced yet that
I know.

Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu
Skype: paultlud      Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com