[Stoves] ... towards embedding same

Richard Stanley rstanley at legacyfound.org
Fri Oct 4 12:38:21 CDT 2013

Crispin, Ron et al,
In noticing the recent com about charcoal prices in different areas, I just wanted to add that we do same for briquette project enquiries but have found that its also necessary to add these other non economic questions, to get a  sense of the larger setting in which one wants to embed their project.
EG;
•  What are local policies regulations which are conducive or unsupportive of your planned project;
•  Who else is in the area with like (complimentary or competitive) technologies;
•  What (at the risk if getting int Cecils area of expertise) are the local perceptions about your product/ process ( cultural as well
      as functional )
•  What programs or projects are projected for the area, which will either help or hinder your efforts and,
•  What is your strategy for working either with, around, under or for these activities.

best,
Richard Stanley