[Stoves] Water boiling test water vaporized

Mike Hatfield apromike at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 16:48:14 CDT 2013

Hey Lanny,

The thermal efficiency takes into account temperature of water and water
vaporized so as long as you take a temperature reading at the same time you
take the weight then it should not matter as the change in water vapor
should correspond to a drop in water temp.

best,

Mike.

On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 2:37 PM, Lanny Henson <lannych at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> **
> ********
>
> *Water boiling test, water vaporized. *
>
> *I did a water boiling test without simmering, I just heated water to a
> boil.*
>
> *I weighed the pot immediately after boiling and it had lost 140 grams.*
>
> *I let the pot sit  on the ground for a few min with no lid, and weighed
> it again. The pot had lost another 100 grams without being on the stove.*
>
> *So the timing of when the pot is weighed at the end of a test can be a
> factor.*
>
> *A solution may be to place a lid on the pot immediately at the end of
> the test.*
>
> *Lanny*

Mike Hatfield
Director of International Projects
(541) 357-9857
Aprovecho Research Center
www.aprovecho.org (stoves)
www.aprovecho.net (education center)

Statistically, the probability of any one of us being here is so small that
you'd think the mere fact of existing would keep us all in a contented
dazzlement of surprise     -Lewis Thomas