[Stoves] The time-temperature-turbulence equation

Jock Gill jg45 at icloud.com
Sat Oct 5 07:37:11 CDT 2013

Crispin,

When I read your "In the time-temperature-turbulence equation" lights went off.  I expect this is why my iCans with three washers as deflectors, in contra distinction to a "concentrator ring", burn cleaner.  The deflectors increase both turbulence and residence time in the combustion zone.  Secondary air slots also contribute to the turbulence.  At least my iCans with secondary air slots burn much cleaner than those with various holes used for secondary air.  My current system burns cleanly enough to deposit very little soot on cooking utensils or food.  They are essentially soot free.  Perhaps "soot free" should be a goal?

Cheers,

Jock

Jock Gill
P.O. Box 3