[Stoves] Pyro ⦿ Grilling and pyro selling

Richard Stanley rstanley at legacyfound.org
Sun Oct 6 00:56:26 CDT 2013

Jock,
Excellent work: I really think you are onto something in focussing on the taste of food cooked over a wood gassifier/ wood gas.
 I fondly recall that steak grilled over Kobus Venter's early gassifier stove. Linking it to a weber grille too these are things the public can relate to Overseas the same idea applies; Focus on the quality of the food and the fact that the pots don't get as sooty (if at all).
We get so enamored with numbers and nitty gritty of design technicalities, that we do not see what really sells the ideas…
Along that line, I think the buying public will not generally understand what you are talking about when you mention things like pyrolosis and CO . I think a simple side cutaway section showing where the fire is how the gas is mixed with the deflector, the secondary air coming in and where combustion actually takes place- might be very helpful.
Of course this applies more to the general public and less to the more focused technical  audience, such as those constituting  list serve
Thanks,

Richard Stanley