[Stoves] Wood/charcoal price in Cambodia

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Mon Oct 7 11:18:19 CDT 2013

Dear Robert,

Thank you for your informative reply.

The bamboo of almost any size will be valuable for making biochar.
Especially collect all the OLD and used bamboo (dry and of no use to
anyone else except to burn it, so make biochar and still have the heat
from the burn).

You should see    www.biobamboo.org    See the excellent video there (15
minutes, WELL DONE).   I understand that Charlotte O'Brien is now in
Cambodia.    Attempt to make contact with her.

I do not know about mimosa as a potential biomass for biochar production.

You mention retorts for making biochar.   Please consider the TLUD methods.

Look at

ETHOS 2012 presentation:

Barrel-size Micro-gasification for Combined Heat and Biochar (CHAB) in
"Mini" IndustriesPR12001
Barrel-size Micro-gasification for Combined Heat and Biochar (CHAB) in
"Mini" Industries
<http://www.drtlud.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/ETHOS-2012-Barrel-Size-Micro-gasification.pdf>

Available at my website and elsewhere.    That presentation of 20 months
ago is being essentially updated next week with multiple presentations
by several presenter at the North American Biochar Symposium.

We are glad that you are getting started with biochar.

Suggestion:  Look around you and *tell us* about WHATEVER use is made of
heat in your area.    Any fires whatsoever.   Big or small.   THEN we
can guide about having biochar production (perhaps) self-financed by
the  value of the thermal energy.

Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu
Skype: paultlud      Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com