[Stoves] Bio-char stove- Heat and fire resistant fans and seals

Lanny Henson lannych at bellsouth.net
Sat Oct 12 15:19:52 CDT 2013

Dear T,
First, why you need a heating stove at your latitude?
Heat resistant fans are expensive, can you set the fan back from the combustion chamber with a short duct so the fan does not heat up?
For fiberglass rope I use Auburn Manufacturing.
http://www.auburn-mfg.com/high_temperature_materials.html
They have all types of heat resistant materials like fiberglass and ceramic, rope, and cloth.
If you like I will call them Monday for a price and to see if they ship internationally.
If you just need a short amount to prototype Ace hardware USA
http://www.acehardware.com/home/index.jsp
may ship internationally, or maybe there is a hardware store closer that will ship to you.
You will have to buy at least a 1 box from Auburn Mfg. which will be about 250 feet depending on the diameter of the rope. Rope comes in low density and high density. Low density will probably work best if you are stuffing it in a gap. To increase the thickness in the gap you can just stuff more low density rope in.
If there is any advice I can give about the size please ask.
Stay away from asbestos fiberglass should be high temp enough.
Lanny