[Stoves] Shields E450c as a way to test char-making stoves (attn: GACC testers)

Ronal W. Larson rongretlarson at comcast.net
Tue Oct 22 17:21:14 CDT 2013

Crispin and stoves list  (again ignored - why?)

1.  The "game"  I am playing is to ensure that charcoal-making stoves are treated fairly.  Saying that existing char at the end of a run has been "consumed" is not fair.

2.  Under a) - I repeat my original claim - you have no test in mind that will differentiate between char-making stoves.   If char is there, it has not been "consumed".

3.  Under b) -  The key sentences are your final two:   The direct cause is that the more char produced, the less fuel was claimed to have been consumed, which is clearly untrue. That is why the WBT was changed."       If char exists, the claim of less fuel is "clearly true",  not "clearly untrue".  Further,  the use of the formula A/(B-C) goes back at least to VITA days and is in there today.   On this main point under dispute, the WBT was NOT changed (thank goodness).  Or if I am wrong, please give a cite.

Ron