[Stoves] VOTO fuel charger from Berkeley

Ronal W. Larson rongretlarson at comcast.net
Sun Sep 22 13:24:57 CDT 2013

List  cc Crispin

   I spent quite some time with the main force behind this technology, Craig Jacobson, during the March GACC meeting in Phnom Penh.  Pretty sure I wrote about this device at that time.  I am including Craig in this response in hopes he can give us more on company plans - and especially costs.  Their website says they are in business in Kenya.

   I handled one of the device's ceramic chips (that need periodic replacement) - and broke it!  Craig was not at all concerned.  I vaguely recall that it had a value of only a few cents.

   I am impressed by the device and its history.   I hope that others on the list in a position to try it out commercially will do so.  Seems likely to be able to compete on economic terms with thermoelectrics.

Ron