[Stoves] pot sizes /Re: Stoves Digest, Vol 37, Issue 24

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 08:15:35 CDT 2013

In Africa most pots have pretty standard or shall I say similar aspect
ratios. A stewing pot tends to be taller but it is rare to find a H/W
(height/width) greater than one outside a restaurant (where the save space
on a crowded cooking surface).

For the ones you have, do you find a consistent ratio?

Crispin and all,

You mentioned pot sizes.

There are stock pots, sauce pots and brazier pots.

Does you pot fit in one of these categories?

>From photos it looks like most pots used in developing areas are in the
"sauce pot" category but many also use stock pots for the larger 60 liter
and 100 liter size.

Links to Winco pot sizes. Different brands are different sizes but are close
to the same size.

Stock pots

http://www.wincous.com/search.asp?BigClassName=
<http://www.wincous.com/search.asp?BigClassName=&SmallClassName=&keyword=sto
ck+pots&Submit.x=36&Submit.y=9>
&SmallClassName=&keyword=stock+pots&Submit.x=36&Submit.y=9

Sauce pots

http://www.wincous.com/search.asp?BigClassName=
<http://www.wincous.com/search.asp?BigClassName=&SmallClassName=&keyword=sau
ce+pot&Submit.x=30&Submit.y=17>
&SmallClassName=&keyword=sauce+pot&Submit.x=30&Submit.y=17

brazier pots

http://www.wincous.com/search.asp?BigClassName=
<http://www.wincous.com/search.asp?BigClassName=&SmallClassName=&keyword=bra
ziers&Submit.x=20&Submit.y=16>
&SmallClassName=&keyword=braziers&Submit.x=20&Submit.y=16

I am using a 40 quart sauce pot with the SLC but the pot shell is tall
enough to hold a 60 qt stock pot which is about the same diameter.

Lanny