[Stoves] A simple method of soot measurement

Frank Shields frank at compostlab.com
Mon Sep 30 12:31:06 CDT 2013

Dear Anil,

Very interesting.

I am sure during the research you have tried many things so I ask did you try using white construction paper that could easily be replaced?

And did you try pointing the camera 90 degrees from the light pattern to see if it is sensitive enough to measure the reflected light directly from the airborne particles? Just wondering.

And how do we relate the gained weight on the plate to the mass per meter of air?

I just down loaded the free app you mention to my new i-phone and am amazed at what these phones can do. Yesterday I discovered it can measure heart rate!

Regards

Frank