[Stoves] Carbon management - one of several new metrics

Nolbert Muhumuza muhumuza at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 10:14:44 CDT 2014

Hello Jack,

I totally agree with you. 100 million clean cookstoves should benefit
and boost local economies as well as reduce deforestation, indoor air
pollution, and contribute to climate change mitigation.

I cant think of a better stove for local charcoal making (at
households level) than TLUD gasifier stoves. But its going to take a
combination of all clean cooking technologies.

I also think that the objectives and goals of the 100 million
cookstoves by 2020 should be properly and efficiently communicated to
partners. So that we target the same cause. For example, i think most
cookstove projects a purely about making loads of money. Which is OK,
but surely can not be the main objective.

Last but not least; governments, development partners and influential
individuals need to join the cause to help adaptation, and reducing
the final costs of these stoves.

Regards,

Nolbert.

--