[Stoves] For what it may be worth ...

Jock Gill jock at jockgill.com
Tue Apr 8 16:44:49 CDT 2014

Today I added 9 more secondary air ports just above the first 29.  The results were predictable:

1. Less draft on the already restricted primary made starting even trickier;

2. The red,orange hot carbon flame issue was clearly abated, if not fully eliminated - ie fewer moments of soot clearly being ejected.

3. Run time was slightly extended - ie pyrolysis was a bit slower;

4. Peak temperatures were  lower which showed up as less thermal damage to the metal parts, esp, the central column in the burner.

5. Biochar yield went up slightly to about 20%.  Nice stuff too.

Sometime in May I will try a reactor with about twenty five ½ inch holes in a single layer for secondary air.

That's it for now.

Thanks,

Jock

PS:  If you wish to contact me, PLEASE use <jock[at]jockgill[dot]com> -- this keeps my email off of Apple's and Google's servers.  I am not terribly interested in them reading my email and then monetizing it.

Jock Gill
P.O. Box 3
Peacham,  VT 05862

Cell: (617) 449-8111