[Stoves] attempt at swirling secondary air

Ronal W. Larson rongretlarson at comcast.net
Tue Apr 29 13:32:52 CDT 2014

David,  cc List

	Thanks for a very interesting post.

	The subject of swirl is one we should be thinking a lot about.  I believe you didn’t observe much because you had a larger radius for the very hot gases than for the less hot, pre-combustion pyrolysis gases.  The fix I think is to have much wider strakes - maybe 3 or 4 inches, rather than what looks like about 1 inch.  Given the circular geometry, there is less cutting and not much more if any more material.

	But I also think it would be interesting to strive for a tighter swirl,  to get more twists for the hot gases before exiting.  The outer radius of the strakes can be cut down a little (in a second test, still keeping the new wider strake - of that works).

	Ron