[Stoves] iCan in a Trash Can

kgharris kgharris at sonic.net
Sat Aug 30 14:54:16 CDT 2014

Jock,

I like the trash can idea for all your reasons but especially for safety when working with a group of children.  The stove has some inovative thinking in it but perhaps the inovations add more complixity then is needed to communicate the basic wood gas principles to children.  Dr. Paul Andersons granddaughter had a wonderful little stove at stove camp that was simpler and may more clearly communicate the principles.  It worked well with many different fuels and achieved excelent numbers when tested.  Perhaps she would be willing to share her design with us.  Once the children understand the basic principles then they can learn from your stove how to inovate new designs.

Respectfully,

Kirk Harris,
Santa Rosa, CA. USA