[Stoves] Fwd: 2nd firing of the homestead Rocket Kiln

ajheggie at gmail.com ajheggie at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 15:34:05 CST 2014

[Default] On Thu, 11 Dec 2014 10:16:52 -0800,Dean Still
<deankstill at gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>I prefer using a "white oven" where the hot gases do not enter the interior
>of the oven and the soot, etc. goes up the chimney.

Yes but there is a heat loss unless the gases flowing around the white
oven do heating work elsewhere.

Whilst I have only had electrically heated ovens in homes where I have
lived I still remember my grandmother's gas oven (using town gas a
mixture of CO and H2 plus a little nitrogen) with a row of blue flames
at the back of the oven so this used direct heat without noticeably
tainting the food and from what Marc said the tlud flame was similarly
clean when directly firing the oven.

AJH