[Stoves] [biochar] From Cookstoves Webinar "Charcoal Briquette Enterprise Development" on March 5, Register Today!

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Wed Feb 12 17:54:23 CST 2014

Dear all,

I want to support Ron's question about the content of the webinar.   And
I too have registered for the webinar.   And I give an extra note:

If the webinar is totally restricted to the making of char WITH THE
CONDITION THAT THE CHAR WILL BE BURNED, then we need to schedule a
webinar that relates to the sustainable making of char WITH THE
INTENTION THAT THE CHAR WILL BE SEQUESTERED.

In the end, when a person or household or even a small business has the
capacity to make char (as can be done with the TLUD cookstoves), the
OPTIONS can exist for the person, etc to receive payment for the carbon
sequestration value AND for the possible value of the char as biochar
into the soil.   OR to burn the char.   In this, the market values will
prevail.   And we can note the TRIPLE advantage of
1.  Using low-value sustainable biomass (maize cobs, small wood, biomass
briquettes, etc) for COOKING meals.
2.  Receiving payment for carbon sequestered (the char must be made
"UN-burnable", such as mixing it with dirt or compost)
3.  Obtaining the benefits of biochar into agricultural soils, including
food for eating or for sale.

Webinars need to cover these aspects also.   Clarification from the
webinar organizers is needed.

Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu
Skype: paultlud      Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com