[Stoves] Request for Eco-Kalan (Thesis)

revjcsd at juno.com revjcsd at juno.com
Tue Feb 25 19:32:32 CST 2014

Rebecca,

I am pleasantly surprised to learn that students of the Ateneo (my alma mater) are interested in improved cook stoves.

Since you so generously directed them (Ben, Lance & Zenas) to Professor Alexis Belonio's rice hull gasifier-stove, I hasten to add that they can also profit from related work by Paul Olivier (who used to be in the stoves list.)

I have brought back from Vietnam a prototype of Paul Olivier's 150 gasifier stove which I have been demonstrating both in the Manila area, and lately, in the Diocese of Dumaguete, as part of the Church's Social Action outreach. I am sure we can find a way to make Paul's version available for the thesis students.

Furthermore, I have imported from Indonesia 3 models of Professor Nurhuda (PrimeStove's) gasifier stoves for the purpose of local testing. My colleague in Libertad, Misamis Oriental has been busy with his ecosanitation activities in the Yolanda/Haiyan disaster areas, putting our improved cook stoves project on hold.

Those stoves can be made available to the students as well.

FYI, the City of Dumaguete Public Market manager is promoting Paul Olivier's 150 gasifier for the food merchants in the area, with a future goal of eliminating altogether open wood- (charcoal) burning cook stoves in the public market.

Cc:
Lance Vincent Sese <lancevincentsese at yahoo.com>,
Zenas Harvey Apal <zenas_harvey at yahoo.com>,
"AGUILAR, BEN" <ogameidentity at gmail.com>,