[Stoves] diy TLUD flame

Jock Gill jg45 at icloud.com
Wed Feb 26 06:50:38 CST 2014

Tom,

I find that the use of a gap for the secondary air, NOT holes, combined with the use of washers as deflectors, greatly improves turbulence [fuel air mixing] as well as residence time in the combustion zone.  This technique generally keeps the flames within the TLUD.  Long flames coming out of a tLud are going to carry a lot of particulate matter out with them. Fan not required.

Checkout my post on Greater Democracy on Pyro-Grilling.

Cheers,

Jock

Jock Gill
P.O. Box 3