[Stoves] Vetiver grass-pellets Re: The wood and char and fuel "debate"

Cookswell Jikos cookswelljikos at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 01:00:53 CST 2014

Dear Micheal,

While I fully support integrating as many sources of feedstock as possible
for domestic bioenergy supply, I do also feel that for a variety of
reasons, (i.e. cooks generally prefer to use it more, trees typically
provide larger environmental ecosystem services then grasses, multiple uses
of trees, shade, food, fuel, fodder and timber etc..) tree sourced lumpwood
charcoal will continue to be a excellent source of renewable energy for
cooking (esp. when only the branches are harvested) and perhaps thus should
not be so easily discarded but combined with new sources of energy, such as
vetiver.

Kind regards

Teddy

*Cookswell Jikos*