[Stoves] diy TLUD flame

Jonathan P Gill jg45 at icloud.com
Thu Feb 27 06:17:21 CST 2014

To visualize what Crispin is saying, think of the vortex created in a bathtub drain as the tub empties.

A TLUD with a circular aperture for the exhaust gases is simply an upside down bathtub drain that just as surely creates a central spire of twirling flames. To be avoided if at all possible.

The use of deflectors above the secondary air destroys the circular aperture and prevents the dreaded bathtub drain effect.

More when I get back from vacation.

Jock Gill
P. O. Box 3
Peacham, VT 05862