[Stoves] [biochar-policy] New report, highly favorable to biochar

Ronal W. Larson rongretlarson at comcast.net
Mon Jan 6 21:33:57 CST 2014

Crispin and list:

1.  I write to defend my inclusion of the term “peer review” - with my “No” answers to two questions below

2.  I take no exception to anything you wrote below.  Peer review guarantees nothing.  But I maintain it improves the odds.

3.  Question #1:  I would in almost all cases trust more (not trust wholly  [this is a question of risks/odds]) material I read in a peer-reviewed article than information I knew had no peer review.  Is that illogical?   RWL answer:  No - not illogical.

4.  Question #2:   The IPCC reports say they only use citations that have been peer-reviewed.  Is that too strict a requirement?    RWL answer:  No.  (The odds of getting it right have gone way up by using only material that has been peer-reviewed)

Ron