[Stoves] [Gasification] Chip Guillotine

Ronal W. Larson rongretlarson at comcast.net
Tue Jan 7 12:41:46 CST 2014

Paal and list:

   Thanks for this new data below.  I wonder if you (and others) can make this more quantitative - in terms of trees per hectare, tonnes biomass (wet and dry or carbon) per hectare per year, and dollars per kg or tonne  (and what units - wet/dry biomass or carbon).

   I have seen recommendations for a planting of 10,000 trees per hectare (one per square meter).  With your 360 value, might this be late in a woodlot history - or a preferred alternative starting value for the tree density?

   I hear of wood values often around $50/tonne (US $.05/kg) wholesale.  Updating by 15 years, what would be the retail market value in Uganda of the 4-5 kg needed per family - both near the source and in the city?   Or any similar quantitative data - anywhere in the world.

   Thanks for reminding us of the beauty of a machete.

Ron