[Stoves] [Gasification] Chip Guillotine

Doug Doug.Williams at orcon.net.nz
Mon Jan 6 22:18:30 CST 2014

Hi Paul, Jeff and Colleagues,

Ideas are two a penny, and when I suggested a concept for a simple chipping device that would be useful for cooking stove fuel, never thought I would see the day of it coming into existence! I used the materials to hand in my shed, so in part this set just how far I could develop the concept, but you can see for yourselves that it is more or less identical to the original drawing shown on the Fluidyne Archive  www.fluidynenz.250x.com

I reduced the blade diameter to 200mm (8")  and this opens the cutting surfaces to allow a stick size of about 1.25" diameter to be cut on the diagonal, the easiest way to slice through wood fibres. I used green coppiced poplar sticks 1.25" at their butt end, and was surprised at how little effort it took to chop the whole stick. My next trials will use native hardwood branches and some bamboo growing down the back paddock.

This is work in progress, and I will show it all on the Fluidyne Archive once finished, but as I promised a prototype this week to see, here it is(:-)

Doug Williams,
Fluidyne.