[Stoves] Forestry and fuel

Cookswell Jikos cookswelljikos at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 00:02:29 CST 2014

Dear Samer,

Thanks for sharing, but if indeed this is fully the case, I wonder why the
reduction of deforestation features so heavily on most cookstove marketing
pitches. (even mine sometimes!)

Further interesting reading that somewhat supports this is a very good
presentation done by ICRAF recently, that is aptly titled, "What Happened
to the Charcoal Crisis"
http://www.slideshare.net/agroforestry/miyuki-iiyamaicrafcharcoal-review2013

It is a very good systematic review of many other woodfuel papers in East
Africa. It seems to be that on farm woodfuel is becoming more and more of
income generating wood energy source.

All the best,

Teddy

*Cookswell Jikos*