[Stoves] Aprovecho after Ethos (semi-agenda)

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Tue Jan 21 19:35:32 CST 2014

Stovers,

On Tuesday 28 January to noon on Friday 31 January, there is a gathering
of some stovers and others at Aprovecho Research Center in Cottage
Grove, Oregon.   This is an Open House, not a Stove Camp.   Fewer
people, most of them already experienced at Aprovecho, and coming with
some specific interests that may or may not become topics for others.
What Dean Still and I know thus far is this, but all is subject to change:

We expect that the start is 9:00 AM on Tuesday.  We gather in the main
room, have introductions, and each focal topic gets explained, and key
people in each topic can set out their "game plans" for the next few days.

We are NOT planning to have organized presentations, but some could
occur.   However, we are expecting to have some great discussions of
topics that people propose and that others agree that they want to have
happen as discussions.

Known groups/topics:

1.  One group  will be focused on rice husk TLUD-FA gasifier stoves.
We expect to have at least 3 units for comparisons and testing.   Alexis
Belonio is bringing one.   Joe James (new guy) is bringing one from
Vietnam, called HOS or Rua stove.  (HOS is from Hanoi and is not the one
by Paul Olivier).   Paul Anderson is bringing one that is still
prototype, and we might make some pieces for it.   A fresh supply of
rice husks has arrived!  One specific objective is to advance the rice
husk TLUD-FA units for production and dissemination in numerous
countries.  Centralize and decentralized production options of these and
other stoves will be discussed.

2.  Concerning natural draft TLUDs, one group is centered around Art
Donnelly's efforts to have an additional char-making stove design for
Costa Rica.   Paul Anderson's Troika TLUD-ND and Paal Wendelbo's Peko Pe
will be present and functional.

3.  Christa Roth will be there and interested in both of the above, and
more.

4.  Dale Andreatta will be there with a separate project that he is doing.

5.  Whatever Dean Still and the Aprovecho crew have will be most
welcome.   Those interested in stove testing will have a great
opportunity to be side by side with Aprovecho staff.

6.  Kirk Harris should be there with his innovative air flow for TLUD
stoves.   (He will be showing it for the first time at ETHOS).

7.  The Burn Design group could be participating with their own
topics.   That could include charcoal-burning stoves.

8.  Discussions about biochar and char-making stoves will be discussed
by several people interested in that.

Aprovecho has promised donuts, coffee, and two available emissions hoods
for stove testing.

Reservations are NOT required, but the sooner we know of your intention
to be at the Open House, the better prepared we can be to maximize your
experiences.  There is not fee for the Open House.   And those attending
will organize themselves about group meals or eating out together.

We hope that many of you can attend!!

Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu
Skype: paultlud      Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com