[Stoves] Forestry and fuel

Richard Stanley rstanley at legacyfound.org
Thu Jan 23 06:15:59 CST 2014

Nolbert,

I wanted to mention to you that there is a big distinction between making carbonized briquettes and blending normal agresidue briquettes with char residues.

On the one had you are charring residues in the field which immediately reduces 50% + of their raw energy value. (I have yet to see this done cleanly in unmonitored daily charring operations in the field and many may disagree with that but its not germain to this topic).

On the other hand the  with char residues off the charcoal seller floor or charcoal sieved and crushed,  out of the previous fire blended into the normal ag residue blend wastes no energy at all ---but the end product performs in a very similar fashion for very similar purposes in the cooks stove.

Ssebo Richard Stanley
www.legacyfound.org