[Stoves] [Gasification] Mk2 Chip Guillotine

Doug Doug.Williams at orcon.net.nz
Thu Jan 23 21:50:17 CST 2014

Darius,

It depends on where you are located due to climatic conditions. We found that just by blowing cold air up though the pile using perforated agricultural drainage pipe in the UK was enough to stop the rapid composting effect caused by the green pile heating. This was in the UK with coppiced willow, and the first time I saw fresh chip steaming as it came in off the fields in the very cold rain.

You would have to offer more info if you want other suggestions.
Doug Williams,
Fluidyne.