[Stoves] Roketworx stove appears in the Eastern Cape

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 10:10:07 CST 2014

Dear Friends

Sorry about that, I was wrong about which NGO this is. This is in the
Eastern Cape Province of South Africa. The rest of the message still
applies. Edits in blue.

The strong little stove that you may have seen in Phnom Penh has popped up
in Bulungula, an orphanage in the Eastern Cape in the name 'ISTOVU' which is
a Zulu word for 'stove'.

http://bulungulaincubator.wordpress.com/2014/01/24/istovu-comes-to-bulungula
/

I don't know if the name is still Roketworx but it was at one time.

Note please the heat shield/finned skirt that sits just below one of the
pots. For those who did not see it in Cambodia, this stove has a grate,
preheated secondary air injection at two levels and a swirl-inducer. It is
all metal. I can be inverted and used as a seat. I believe there are two
sizes, this being the smaller one.

Also note in the right hand picture the fuel magazine is about completely
full. This is not an issue because the air supply is not necessarily through
the fuel opening. The grate is not like the flat platform used in Rocket
Stoves and it produces very little char (because char is well supported).

The pot looks like a 254mm Hart which, based on sales reports, is the most
popular size in ordinary South African homes.