[Stoves] Key differences of performance test protocols for household biomass cookstoves

Cookswell Jikos cookswelljikos at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 09:39:43 CDT 2014

Dear Crispin - thank you for sharing this,

Have you (or anyone else) by any chance read this article
http://www.lowtechmagazine.com/2014/06/thermal-efficiency-cooking-stoves.html

It a real mind turner to say the least.... I would be very interested to
hear some of your thoughts on this matter. To quote one of the opening
paragraphs -

*''In fact, an electric cooking stove is only half as efficient as a
well-tended open fire, while a gas hob is only half as effective as a
biomass rocket stove. And even though indoor air pollution is less of an
issue with modern cooking stoves, research indicates that pollution levels
in western kitchens can be surprisingly high.'' *

The author then follows that article up with this one -
http://www.lowtechmagazine.com/2014/07/cooking-pot-insulation-key-to-sustainable-cooking.html

What do you think? I think I need to double my forestry efforts.

Kind Regards,

Teddy

*Cookswell Jikos*
www.cookswell.co.ke
www.facebook.com/CookswellJikos
www.kenyacharcoal.blogspot.com
Mobile: +254 700 380 009
Mobile: +254 700 905 913
P.O. Box 1433, Nairobi 00606, Kenya

Save trees - think twice before printing.